Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Playing Dress-up for the Almighty Come-up!




For those that dont really know me, this may come as a shock BUT...

I'm not all that into Halloween. *gasp!* No really, I'm not. I think it lost its shine once I got too old to effectively trick-or-treat. I mean, it was much easier when I was about 8-12 but by the time I hit puberty the thrill was gone. Plus, I only like certain kinds of candy so all those filler-treats (generic butterscotch, jujubees, sweet tarts, etc...) were just space-takers in my jackolantern and ended up getting tossed out or pawned off on a greedy, desperate little cousin during a babysitter's round of "The Quiet Game". And then when I was in college at CAU, probably the Halloween of 1999, some thug committed a random drive-by egging which busted me SMACK in my mouth, leaving me with a busted bloody lip sooo yeah... I think that was the last time I even uttered TRICK OR TREAT. :-( But fast forward....




My property is having this super Monster Mash costume party tonite and Im actually considering entering! Surprised? Well you wont be once I reveal the 1st place prize.
A 32" Plasma TV. YES! AND a 3-month gym membership (dont need it b/c I'm already a member there) AND a $100 Gift Certificate to a pretty nice restaurant. KEWL right?!?
The images I posted above are a hint at my costume. This year, I'm gonna be.. ***DRUMROLL PLEASE*** THE SOCK MONSTER! You know, the urban-mythic creature that steals your socks while you're doing laundry!?!?! TOnite I will be scavangering (spellcheck?!?) for random socks from relatives homes. I have about an hour to collect as many ugly, mismatched socks as I can. And BEAU will be in tow... he's going as a Blue Bell Ice Cream cow. *MOOOOO*
I'll take pictures. Wish me a little luck! I'll be back later.
HAPPY STUPID COSTUME, FREE CANDY DAY!
SG!

1 comment:

CRay said...

Girllie!!!!!!!! I have to see pics of your costume. I am coming to the D once again... (before Christmas) ALONE and we will definitely kick it! Promise!

p.s.
Radiance reignith on... ya girl is bizack! Check mah posts.