Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Opening Nite... 1 Down, 7 To Go...


Its finally behind me. Opening night of "By Any Means Necessary" in Dallas. Overall, I am disappointed in the sound issues with a few characters microphones... Why? Well, I know the script so the fact that the audience didnt get the FULL EFFECT of the comedic genius in Laterras' writing makes me VERY upset. I didnt even enjoy the first act. BUT... "it" happens. Thankfully, the audience was understanding and stuck around. Heck IT WAS A PACKED HOUSE! So turn-out wise, it was a win. But again, the perfectionist in me was disappointed in the overall effect, casued by the technical difficulties. The cast was also stressed backstage over the issue but I'm proud of them. They made it work. BIG THANKS to all of those guys... Tisha, Chante, Ced, Danielle, and OMG... GUY! That Guy Torry is a hot mess! Sooooo funny. He kept it light for everyone. THANKS GUY! But God is good... it worked out in the end. I saw a couple handfuls of people accept Jesus during altar call after the show so it accomplished what it was supposed to. :-)

My other mama and her daughter and other guests came to see the show. I hope they liked it. My real mama and auntie are coming Thursday. A few relatives coming tonite. I ran into other acquaintances and it was cool... watching the audience reaction/enjoyment to my music. This morning I cracked open a fresh cd soundtrack and took it all in. FEELS GOOD to see my name on the jacket. I know its a small placement, but its a placement nonetheless. Someone somewhere is riding around listening to a song that I wrote... DOPENESS! God is the truth I tell ya!

So anyway, there are 7 more shows this week. I'll be at 5 of those. This weekend I'm hoping to get back into the studio. I just missed my deadline and I'm feeling VERY lousey about that.

But anyway, if you're in Dallas, come to the Convention Center (The Black Academy of Arts and Letters) and see the show! Its soooooooooooooo funny. I guarantee you WILL enjoy.

I'll try to post something interesting later.

SG~

No comments: